- Does your museum produce original souvenirs based on your museum’s collections?
- Do you engage crafts persons in the production of souvenirs?
For the first time, The Balkan Museum Network is inviting institutional members of the Network to submit an application for “The best craft-based museum souvenir of 2017″.
Recognizing the potential of crafts in the production of innovative and beautiful objects that can contribute to the economic sustainability of museums, BMN would like to promote the best practices in the Balkan region.
The criteria for the selection are:
- Contribution to the preservation of crafts and crafts skills
Is the souvenir made by the (local) craftsperson?
Is the souvenir made using traditional techniques?
- Relationship with the museum collection and craft traditions
- Harmony between the form and the purpose / functionality
The application process
The best craft based souvenir will be presented on the forthcoming BMN international conference “Meet, See, Do” to be held in Thessaloniki 18 – 20 April 2018. The representative of the awarded museum will be invited to present the souvenir at “Meet, See, Do” if possible, otherwise the presentation will be made through audio and video materials.
The award for the “Museum Souvenir of 2017” consists of purchasing a number of souvenirs, certificate and a promotion campaign. The second and third places would receive a professional literature for their museum.
Please send three photographs of the souvenir (from three different angles) to firstname.lastname@example.org The application deadline is 12th of March 2018.