- Does your museum produce original souvenirs based on your museum’s collections?
- Do you engage crafts persons in the production of souvenirs?
The Balkan Museum Network is inviting institutional members of the Network to submit an application for “Museum Souvenir Award”.
Recognizing the potential of crafts in the production of innovative and beautiful objects that can contribute to the economic sustainability of museums, BMN would like to promote the best practices in the Balkan region.
The criteria for the selection are:
- Contribution to the preservation of crafts and crafts skills – Is the souvenir made by the (local) craftsperson/artist/designer? Is the souvenir made using traditional techniques?
- Relationship with the museum’s collection and craft traditions
- Innovative way of presenting the museum collection
- Nominated object is a souvenir (not a replicas or a copy)
The application process
All interested museums are asked to fill in an online application form available at this link https://forms.gle/STKbRsU5PFrSFP6s5
The form will require you to upload 3 color photos of different angles and views of the souvenir you are nominating for the award.
The best craft based souvenir will be presented on the BMN web site and Facebook page and the presentation will be made through audio and video materials.
The application deadline is 15 September 2019.