We are inviting members to apply to a competitive public call under “Small grants 2023” scheme. Up to 1.200 EUR will be granted to up to 5 member museums in one or more thematic areas:
- Collection care
- Audience engagement
- Heritage interpretation
The topics can be viewed from the perspective of taking care of endangered heritage due to conflict, climate crisis, negligence and other factors. The Balkan Museum Network plans to organize an international museum conference on the topic of heritage in crises and proposals that correspond with this overall theme will receive additional points.
To qualify for funding, a project must:
- Be submitted by a member of the Balkan Museum Network, either institutional or individual (however, individuals need to work through an institution or an organization that is the contractor. Contracting institution or an organization must be able to receive the funds in EUR on its bank account);
- Be implemented until 01 December 2023;
- Be designed and implemented in partnership, involving another institution (museum, non-governmental organisation /association, school, university, other cultural and heritage organizations and similar) or individuals (activists, a community group, artists, disabled peopled people, journalist and similar);
- Proposed idea has to be connected to museum’s work (a service provision and contribute to museum’s mission);
- Show clear evidence of community engagement and involve groups of people / beneficiaries (where appropriate);
- Be at least partly-funded from within the museum’s own resources: staff hours, infrastructure, expertise and similar;
- Be an original idea (applicant will need to sign a Declaration of Honour);
- Be subject to quality narrative and financial reporting (providing copies of the bills).
- Each museum is eligible to receive only one grant, but may submit more than one proposal;
- The museum that submits the application is a lead partner and will sign the contract with Association BMN (Registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina);
- The proposals will be evaluated by the selection committee;
- The language of the application and reporting is English;
- Maximum total amount requested can be up to 1.200 EUR.
- BMN keeps the right not to award any grant if the quality of proposals is not satisfactory.
Funding for the “Small Grants 2023” scheme is made available by the Headley Trust UK.
Declaration of Honour
Fill in this online FORM
E-mail your proposal documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 25 March 2023.
Any proposals received after that date will not be accepted. The same email can be used for questions.
We do not fund:
- Projects that have already started with implementation;
- Individual education or research activities;
- Co-funding to projects that have already started;
- Salaries for full time paid employees (the museum must allow staff to work on the projects as part of their existing tasks).
You can also check section of the website with summaries of all small grants funded from 2010 – 2022.