We are inviting member museums to apply to a competitive call “Small grants 2022”.
Up to 1.100 EUR will be granted to up to 3 member museums in one or more thematic areas:
- Audience engagement
- Collection care
- Heritage interpretation
To qualify for funding, a project must:
- Be submitted by members of the Balkan Museum Network. Eligible applicants are museums who have paid annual membership fee to the Balkan Museum Network. If you have trouble paying membership fee please contact Aida Vezic.
- Be implemented until 31 March 2022;
- Be designed and implemented in partnership, involving another museum, a non-governmental organisation, activists, a community group, an educational institution, artists, disabled people’s associations, journalist and similar;
- Connected to museum’s service provision and strategic goals;
- Show clear evidence of community engagement and involve groups of people / beneficiaries (where appropriate);
- Be at least part-funded from within the museum’s own resources: staff hours, infrastructure, expertise and similar;
- The museum must be able to receive the funds in EUR on its bank account;
- Be an original idea (applicant will need to sign a Declaration of Honour);
- Be subject to quality financial reporting – providing copies of the bills;
- Submit a narrative report.
- Each museum is eligible to receive only one grant, but may submit more than one proposal;
- The museum that submits the application is a lead partner and will sign the contract with Association BMN (Registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina);
- Funding allocation will be based on the quality of the proposals, as evaluated by the selection committee;
- The language of application and reporting is English;
- Maximum total amount requested can be up to 1.100 EUR.
- A maximum of three projects would receive the grants.
- BMN keeps the right not to award any grant if the quality of proposals is not satisfactory.
Declaration of Honour
Please fill in this ONLINE FORM.
E-mail your proposal documents to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 December 2021.
(please note that deadline is expended until December 31st)
Any proposals received after that date will not be accepted. The same email can be used for questions.
We do not fund:
- Projects that have already started with implementation;
- Individual education or research activities;
- Co-funding to projects that have already started;
- Salaries for full time paid employees (the museum must allow staff to work on the projects as part of their existing tasks).
For more questions, please write to email@example.com
You can also check section of the website with summaries of all small grants funded until now.
Funding for the “Small Grants 2022” scheme is made available by the Headley Trust UK.