The Balkan Museum Network is in the process of exploring possibilities of becoming an independent organization, based and managed from the Balkan countries. Discussions developed at “Meet See Do” Conference that was held in April 2013 clearly demonstrated the need and desire for a network of museum collaboration and it was agreed that further discussions would take place to take the ideas forward.
We are now seeking committed individuals to form a steering group and take Balkan Museum Network to the next stage of development.
If you are interested in being a member of the Balkan Museum Network Steering Group, apply by supplying:
- A letter of motivation (max. 1 side of A4) outlining why you would like to be on the Steering Group, what you could contribute, how you will be able to volunteer your time, what relevant experience, skills or knowledge you could apply.
- A paragraph outlining your vision for the Balkan Museums Network future.
- Short biographical details (a paragraph) including your current institution and position.
Please send these documents to email@example.com by July 20, 2013.
Selection will be limited to 11 people and it is based on the following principles:
- Representation from the 6 countries currently covered by BMN,
- Gender equality,
- Motivation and commitment,
- Ability to contribute time, skills and knowledge,
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of international working.
First meeting of the Balkan Museum Network Steering Group is planned for September 20 -21, 2013.
Successful candidates will be informed in August 2013.